FireUI App Preview
Go Up to FireUI Live Preview
FireUI App Preview is the client application needed to pair the target device with an IDE instance. It is compatible with different types of devices: computers, tablets, and mobiles.
How to Obtain FireUI App Preview
FireUI App Preview is available for macOS, Windows, iOS, and Android.
Embarcadero provides the installers for all the platforms, locally (Windows and macOS) or through the stores (iOS and Android).
RAD Studio also includes the source project for FireUI App Preview at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\source\Tools\FireUIAppPreview\.
Windows and macOS
RAD Studio includes FireUI App Preview for Windows and macOS.
The installers are located in the
LivePreview folder inside the RAD Studio installation directory:
- For Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\LivePreview\LivePreviewInstaller.exe.
- For macOS:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\LivePreview\LivePreview101.pkg.
iOS and Android
FireUI App Preview is also available for iOS and Android.
The general process to connect to an IDE instance is:
- Open FireUI App Preview in the target device.
- The discovery process starts automatically and searches for IDE instances running in the same network.
- Note: The Scanning the local network message appears in the application while the process takes place.
- Once the discovery process finishes, a list of all reachable IDEs appear listed in the client application.
- Select the IDE where you want to connect to.
- Click Connect.
- If the IDE has access restrictions configured, a window appears to provide a password.
- The active form from the selected IDE appears in the client application.
- Note: FireUI App Preview can only connect to an IDE at a time.
FireUI App Preview User Interface
If the IDE and the client are located in different networks, you can provide the target address using Advanced.
Use Advanced to discover a specific IDE instance by providing the IP address of the machine where it is running.
To use Advanced options:
- Click Advanced.
- Provide the IP address of the machine or the device where the IDE instance is running.
- Click OK.
Advanced options remembers the last IP address used to discover an IDE instance.
FireUI Live Preview uses UDP Broadcast for Network discovery, so its functionality is limited to the inherent limitations of UDP Broadcast.
Click Connect to establish a connection with the IDE after selecting the IDE from the list that appears in the client application.
The Connect button changes to Disconnect while you are connected to an IDE.
To disconnect from the IDE:
- Click Disconnect to finish the connection to the selected IDE.
- Note: In iOS and Android, click the back button to go back to the client from the active form.