10.2 Tokyo - Release 1
Go Up to What's New
10.2 Tokyo - Release 1 is an update of Delphi 10.2 Tokyo, C++Builder 10.2 Tokyo and RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo available for any active Update Subscription customer.
10.2 Tokyo - Release 1 includes the following new features, enhancements, and bug fixes:
- Delphi Linux server performance enhancements for both RAD Server and DataSnap.
- Delphi and C++ compiler and linker updates that resolve issues loading packages, especially when debugging, on Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Support for latest versions of iOS and Xcode (iOS 10.3 and XCode 8.3.3) when targeting the iOS App Store.
- FireDAC support for MSSQL 2012, 2014, 2016, and ODBC Driver 13.
- Significant C++ linker improvements pertaining to linking larger projects.
- Fixes and enhancements to the Runtime Library and VCL.
- Additional Android enhancements around control rendering and performance, and fixes for TEdit issues with Android N.
- FireDAC Support for InterBase 2017 Exclusive Isolation Level and Transaction Wait Time.
- Changes in DataSize for fields of type
ftLongWordto avoid using the platform-dependent
LongWordtype (the change affects only 64-bit Linux and 64-bit iOs platforms), and related changes for SetFieldData and GetFieldData
- Fixes for over 140 issues reported by customers in Quality Portal.
Release 1 also includes the enhancements from the Tokyo Toolchain Hotfix (released on May 3rd, 2017) and the Android Compatibility Patch (released on June 22nd, 2017). For a complete list of features and bug fixes, click here.
- Note: You need to be an active Update Subscription customer to download and install 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1.
Obtaining 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1
10.2 Tokyo - Release 1 is available as an installer (Feature Installer) and as an ISO (Offline Installer) from the registered users web page.
The installers for the 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1 are available for download on the following registered users download pages:
- Delphi Tokyo: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/delphi
- C++Builder Tokyo: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/c_builder
- RAD Studio Tokyo: http://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/rad_studio
Installing 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1
- Run the installer. The installation wizard detects and uninstalls RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo before installing 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1. Your settings will be preserved , but you can use the migration tool as a safety measure.
- Install 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1:
- If you downloaded the Feature Installer, run the installer.
- If you downloaded the Offline Installer, mount the ISO and run
Installation can be performed through any of the following options:
- Feature Installer: lets you select an initial set of RAD Studio features to install, such as support for specific combinations of programming languages and target platforms, language support, or help resources. Go to the Feature Installer for detailed information.
- Offline Installer: lets you install RAD Studio on a system that does not have a working internet connection. After you install RAD Studio, the Offline Installer allows you to install additional features or remove installed features. Go to Using the Offline Installer for detailed information.
- Note: When the installation finishes, if you are asked to uninstall the Windows SDK, click Cancel. The versions of the Windows SDK in RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo and RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo Release 1 are the same.
Updating the Platform Assistant
The Platform Assistant server is required for cross-platform application development that targets either OS X or iOS. RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo Release 1 contains new versions of the Platform Assistant installers (including
PAServer19.0.pkg). The installer files are located in the
Uninstalling a Previous Version of the Platform Assistant
On the Mac, it is not necessary to uninstall the Platform Assistant, but you can use the Move to Trash command if you want to remove the previous version.
On Windows, use
Uninstall PAServer.exe to uninstall the Platform Assistant (recommended). The Uninstall program is located in the installation directory for the Platform Assistant.
- Note: Several versions of the Platform Assistant can coexist on a system, as long as you run each version on a different port.
Installing 10.2 Tokyo - Release 1 Platform Assistant
Installing IoT Components
After upgrading to 10.2.1 from 10.2.0, you might see the following error message when installing an Internet of Things component from the GetIt Package Manager: "Problem when adding file "dcliotReg.pas" to the project."
This is caused by some misalignment between the registry and the actual status of the packages.
As a workaround, we recommend removing the folder
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\CatalogRepository\dcliot-250 and letting GetIt refresh it.
Please note that using this approach, you will lose the configuration of other IoT components already installed on the system. As an alternative, you could copy the file above from the system, empty the folder, and then merge back the existing configuration.