Fullscreen Mode on OS X
Go Up to OS X Application Development
RAD Studio offers support for fullscreen mode in FireMonkey applications that have the OS X target platform. Fullscreen mode is available on OS X versions 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and greater.
OS X versions 10.8 and 10.9:
OS X version 10.10+:
On a Mac window:
- To expand the application to fullscreen mode, click or .
- To leave fullscreen mode, press the
Enabling the Mac Fullscreen Icon in Your FireMonkey Application
- To enable the fullscreen icon in your Mac application, set ShowFullScreenIcon to True at design time in the Object Inspector, with the TForm in focus.
- The result at run time, with the fullscreen icon indicated in red:
Starting Your FireMonkey Application in Fullscreen Mode on the Mac
- To start a FireMonkey OS X application in fullscreen mode, set FullScreen to True at design time in the Object Inspector, with the TForm in focus.
Programmatically Setting Fullscreen Mode for OS X Applications
You can also programmatically set the ShowFullScreenIcon and FullScreen properties using the following code:
Form1.ShowFullScreenIcon := true; // enables the fullscreen icon in the Mac app Form1.FullScreen := true; // starts the app in fullscreen mode on the Mac