Show: Delphi C++
Importing a Model in IBM Rational Rose (MDL) Format
From RAD Studio
Go Up to Importing and Exporting Models
Use the Project from MDL wizard to create a design project and import into it several existing UML models stored in IBM Rational Rose formats.
Important: For the Project from MDL wizard to work:
- The Java Runtime Environment and the Java Development Kit (JDK/JRE) must be installed on your computer.
javahomeparameter in the
- file must correctly point to your JDK/JRE directories. For example:
- Note: Do not use quotation marks in the path to JDK/JRE.
To create a design project based on existing UML models in IBM Rational Rose formats
- Save the
jdk.configfile and open RAD Studio.
- On the main menu, choose File > New > Other. The New Items dialog box opens.
- On the left pane, choose Design Projects.
- On the right pane, choose the Convert from MDL template and click OK.
- In the New application dialog box, enter the new application (project) name and location. Click OK.
- In the Project from MDL wizard, click Add. The Select Model File browser opens. In Files of type, select the format in which to import the IBM Rational Rose model. The available formats are:
CAT files, and
- Browse for a file containing the model to import and click Open.
- In the Project from MDL wizard, specify the scale factor and conversion options. Click Finish.
- A new design project is created at the specified location. The IBM Rational Rose format models stored in the selected model files are imported into this design project.