Show: Delphi C++
Managing Database Connections
From RAD Studio
Go Up to Managing database sessions Index
Note: The Borland Database Engine (BDE) has been deprecated, so it will not be enhanced. For instance, BDE will never have Unicode support. You should not undertake new development with BDE. Consider migrating your existing database applications from BDE to dbExpress.
You can use a session component to manage the database connections within it. The session component includes properties and methods you can use to:
- Open database connections.
- Close database connections.
- Close and free all inactive temporary database connections.
- Locate specific database connections.
- Iterate through all open database connections.