RAD Server Multi-Tenancy Support
Go Up to RAD Server
With the Multi-Tenancy support, a single RAD Server instance with a single RAD Server database connection can support multiple isolated tenants. Each tenant has a unique set of RAD Server resources including Users, Groups, Installations, EdgeModules, and other data.
All tenants have custom resources that are installed in the EMS Server.
As an administrator, you can create new tenants, edit the existing ones, add, edit, or delete details of your tenants, specify if the tenant is active, and delete the tenants that you do not need.
When working with RAD Server, you need to have at least one tenant. The Initial tenant is provided by default.
Single and Multi-Tenant Modes
You can work in one of the following tenant modes:
- Single Tenant mode
- Multi-Tenant mode
By default, you install or upgrade the RAD Server in the Single Tenant mode. If you do not need multi-tenancy, you can proceed working in the Single Tenant mode.
In the Single Tenant mode, you can change the Initial Tenant by changing the DefaultTenantId property in the EMSServer.ini file. For more information, see the Editing the Configuration of Your EMS Server Manually topic.
To start using the Multi-Tenant mode:
- Find the EMSServer.ini file in the following default location:
- Turn on the Multi-Tenant mode. For more information, go to the Editing the Configuration of Your EMS Server Manually topic.
- Note: Now, the data from RAD Server becomes the data of your Initial tenant.
- To create more tenants, use the EMS Multi-Tenant Console.
Managing Data Within Tenants in EMS Console UI
In the EMS Console UI, you can explore the analytics data displayed specific for each tenant in browser. On the Sign in page, fill in the following fields:
- Enter user: your user name
- Password: your password
- Enter tenant: the name of the tenant which data you want to use
- Enter tenant secret: the secret of the tenant which data you want to use
- Note: If you work in the Single Tenant mode, you do not need to fill in the Enter tenant and Enter tenant secret fields. By default, the system uses the Initial Tenant of your RAD Server.
For more information on how to work with the EMS Console UI, see the EMS Console UI topic.
Working with Tenants
- To add new tenants, list all tenants, edit tenants’ details, and delete your tenants, use EMS Multi-Tenant Console.
- To edit the data of a particular tenant’s Users, Groups, Installations, EdgeModules, and other custom data, use EMS Management Console Application.
You can use EMS Multi-Tenant Console on Windows and Linux. EMS Management Console Application is available only for the Windows platform.
EMS Multi-Tenant Console
The stand-alone application (EMSMultiTenantConsole.exe) is located in the following folders:
- 32-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin
- 64-bit Linux:
Multi-Tenant Console allows you to do the following:
- Add new tenants
- View tenants
- Edit tenants’ name, details, secret, and specify if the tenant is active
- Delete tenants
- List all your tenants
Note: You cannot delete all tenants, the last one will not be deleted.