Other coding aids
Go Up to Session 3: Scripting
Rapid SQL provides extensive, easy-to-use coding aids for all of the supported DBMS platforms, throughout the application. Aids are provided in the form of ready-to-use code templates and blocks of syntactically correct code.
- From the Datasource Navigator tree, expand the SAMPLE_DATASOURCE > AdventureWorks sub-node.
- Select File > New > SQL to open an SQL Editor window.
- Select Edit > Paste SQL Statement to open the Paste SQL window.
- On the Paste SQL dialog, select Sample_Datasource from the Datasource dropdown, AdventureWorks from Database, All Owners from Owner, and an Object Type of Tables.
- In the Tables list, select Purchasing.Vendor.
- Under the Columns list, click ALL.
- Click the Select radio button.
- Click Paste Statement to copy the generated code to the SQL Editor window.
You can use the statement as is, or modify the code as needed.
Paste SQL Syntax
- Select File > New > SQL to open a fresh SQL Editor window.
- Select Edit > Paste SQL Syntax to open the SQL Syntax for SQL Server window.
- Select a template and click Paste to copy the code template into the SQL Editor window.
- Add your own code to complete the needed operation.
Proceed to Session 4: Working with Code Workbench.