Using the Script Library
The Script Library provides a drag-and-drop library interface of all supported DBMS syntax, SQL syntax, built-in functions, optimizer hints, and SQL-conditional syntax. Additionally, it provides the ability to create custom folders to store commonly-used code for quick and efficient access or execution, as needed.
To open the Script Library:
- Select View > Script Library. The Script Library tab opens.
See the following topics for more information:
- Basic File and Folder Operations in the Script Library
- Execution Options in the Script Library
- Viewing and Setting File Properties in the Script Library
Basic File and Folder Operations in the Script Library
By default, the Script library contains a set of folders corresponding to supported DBMS platforms. These high level folders are preloaded with platform-specific subfolders, System Diagnostics and Schema for example, as well as files corresponding to DDL for object types supported on that platform.
The following basic options are provided.
- Creating a subfolder: right-click on a folder, select New Folder, and immediately provide a non-default name for the new folder.
- Sorting the files in a folder to alphabetical order: right-click on a file or folder and select Sort.
- Renaming a file or folder: right-click on a file or folder, select Rename, and provide a new name for the file or folder.
- Deleting a file or folder: right-click on a file or folder, select Delete, and select Yes when prompted to confirm.
- Adding a SQL, JScript, or VBScript file to a folder: right-click on a folder, select New Item, and use the controls on the Script Library Item Properties dialog to specify the file type, locate and select the file, and provide a hot key keystroke sequence to open the file.
Execution Options in the Script Library
The following execution are offered:
- Opening a SQL, JScript, or VBScript file in the relevant editor: right-click the file and select Open.
- Executing a file: right-click the file and select Execute, and then respond to any prompts regarding datasource or file type.
- Opening a file in the Script Execution Facility: right-click the file and select Script Execution Facility. For more information, see Script/File Execution Facilities.
Viewing and Setting File Properties in the Script Library
The following options are available:
- Viewing the file/folder information, file type, and hot key sequence for an item: right-click the file and select Properties.