Common Coding Environment Features
Go Up to Coding Environments/Editors
The following features are avaiable in all coding environments/editors:
Working with Comments
You can comment and uncomment blocks of code using the commenting scheme appropriate to the DBMS platform you are using.
To comment out code
- Select the block of code you want to comment out and then select Edit > Comment Out.
To uncomment code
- Select a complete block of commented code or a single line of the block and then select Edit > Undo Comment Out.
Working with Coding Environment Bookmarks
Bookmarks are valuable navigation aids for jumping from one portion of a script to another. You can add bookmarks in important areas of your scripts, then jump back and forth between bookmarks. A blue dot is inserted in the gutter next to lines that you bookmark.
To set a bookmark on a line or clear an existing bookmark from a line
- In the Editor window, position the pointer in front of the line and then select Edit > Toggle Bookmark.
To move the cursor back and forth among bookmarked lines
- Select Edit > Next Bookmark or Edit > Previous Bookmark.
To clear all bookmarks
- Select Edit > Clear Bookmark.
GoTo Line x
The Goto dialog lets you move to a specific line or column in your script.
To complete the Goto dialog, do the following:
- On the Edit menu, select Goto. The Go To dialog opens.
- In Line Number, type or select the target line number.
- Click OK.
- The cursor moves to the target line.
Using the Token Matching Capability
When you are working with a large script with multiple levels of embedded steps, compare left and right parentheses, curly braces, square brackets and BEGIN/END pairs to make sure that you have delimited your code properly.
To find matching tokens
- Position the insertion pointer just to the left of the first token in a token pair you want to locate.
- Click the Match Token button.