Introducing AppWave Enterprise License Center
Go Up to Main Page
The AppWave Enterprise License Center (ELC) provides networked licensing for software products. ELC license server allows you to administer and manage Concurrent and/or Named User licenses at your site, without Embarcadero assistance.
Networked licensing differs from single-user, boxed-product licensing. With single-user licensing, users register with Embarcadero and are identified by their Embarcadero Developer Network account. With ELC networked licensing, users register with their company’s ELC and are identified by their machine login name.
The ELC offers two types of licenses:
- A named user license is assigned to one user, who is identified by login name. A named user license guarantees that a license is available for that user.
- A concurrent license is shared by a pool of users and allows one user access to the license at a time. This provides the flexibility of having a set of shared licenses available to a larger pool of part-time or intermittent users.
Your company purchased named user licenses, concurrent licenses, or a combination of these licenses for a specified number of users. A combination of licenses is useful when certain users need guaranteed access to licenses, but other users need a license only periodically or in non-critical situations.
This document contains the following information:
- Installing AppWave Enterprise License Center
- Configuring AppWave Enterprise License Center
- Administering AppWave Enterprise License Center Server
- Generating Usage Report Logs