Specifying Repository Connection Details
Go Up to Working with ER/Studio Repository
Using configurable Repository settings you can specify and modify server check out policy and communication settings.
Setting Repository Options
- 1 Click Window > Preferences.
- 2 Specify your connection details in the Repository Options and click Apply and then click OK to exit the editor.
- The following describe options that require additional explanation:
- Server Machine: Specify the URL or hostname of ER/Studio Repository.
- Server Port: Specify the port ER/Studio BA uses to communicate with the Repository server. The default is 54333.
- Check out model when checking out diagram: Choose what action, if any, you want the system to perform with respect to the models in a diagram, when a diagram is checked out; always check out the models, never check out the models, or prompt you to decide what to do each time a diagram is checked out.
- Check out workspace when creating/deleting models: Choose what action, if any, you want the system to perform with respect to the workspace, when a model is checked out and deleted or when diagram is checked out and a new model is added to it; always check out the workspace, never check out the workspace, or prompt you to decide what to do each time a workspace is checked out.