Exporting Metadata for a Particular Model
Go Up to Exporting the Data Model
- You need a separate license to access the MetaData Export bridges. See the About ERStudio dialog for a list of the modules you are licensed to use.
Using the MetaData Export Wizard, you can export your diagrams in formats compatible with a wide-variety of industry-standard tools. For a current list of supported platforms and bridges available, see ER/Studio MetaWizard Import/Export Bridges.
To export model metadata
- On the Data Model Explorer, right-click the model or submodel you want to export.
- Click Export Model Metadata.
- Complete the Export Model Metadata dialog as required.
- Click the field beside the option name to either enter a value or select a value from the list. Help text for each option appears in the area at the bottom of the page.
- If you want to save or print the log, click Save to File or Print.
The following describe options that require additional explanation.
Type: From the list, select the MIR Bridge you want to use to generates a file that can be imported into the third-party application supported by the selected bridge type.
This page displays informational and warning messages describing successful and unsuccessful exports respectively.