Granting and Revoking Permissions to Modify Database Objects
Go Up to Establishing Database Security
After you have created users and roles you can grant or revoke their permissions to insert, select, update, delete, reference, and alter entities, tables, attributes, columns, and views.
- In the Data Model Explorer, double-click an object to invoke the editor.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Select a role or user.
- Select an operation or click the column header to select the entire range of operations.
- You can select multiple operations by holding CTRL+Alt down while clicking the operations.
- Click Grant or Revoke.
- Click OK to exit the editor
- Keep in mind that the more specific permissions are, the more time you may have to spend maintaining and updating them.