Creating an EMS Package
Go Up to Developing an EMS Package
You can create a new EMS package by running the EMS Package Wizard, as follows:
- Open the EMS Package Wizard:
- For Delphi: File > New > Other > Delphi projects > EMS > EMS Package
- For C++: File > New > Other > C++Builder projects > EMS > EMS Package
- Select the type of package extension you are creating:
- Empty package. An empty package does not register a resource in the EMS Server. You can choose it if you plan to add the resource later.
- Create package with resource. Creates a package with a resource that will extend the REST API of the EMS Server.
- Enter additional resource information:
- Name. The name of the created resource.
- File type. Select if you want to implement the resource:
- Data Module: uses the designer and visual components. Select this type if you are creating a FireDAC EMS Resource.
- Unit: uses code.
- Select the Endpoints methods that you want to add to your resource.
- Click the Finish button.
After finishing the wizard, you need to implement the resource endpoint methods as you want. See Tutorial: Implementing Your First EMS Resource or Tutorial: Implementing a FireDAC EMS Resource for more details.
You can also add new EMS resources to your existing EMS Package. See Adding an EMS Module to an EMS Package for more information.