System Registry Keys for IDE Visual Settings
Go Up to IDE Reference and Utilities
You can customize some of the visual settings of the IDE by adding or modifying system registry keys.
- Note: Changes made to the Windows registry happen immediately, and no backup is automatically made. Do not edit the Windows registry unless you are confident about doing so.
Customizing the IDE Appearance
There are two ways to modify the system registry:
- Create a registry script file and execute it.
- Manually modify the system registry using
Creating a Registry Script File
- Create a new text document (you can use any text editor) and copy the following text into it:
- Note: See the table of customizable values for details about the specified values.
- Save the document with the
- Execute the registry script file that you created. A warning about changing the registry may appear. You must accept it in order to apply the changes.
- Note: You may need Administrator permissions to be able to execute registry script files. If the IDE is open when you set or change registry values, you must restart the IDE for the values to take effect.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\Theme] "FontName"="Segoe UI" "FontSize"=dword:0000000a "MainToolBarColor"="clGradientActiveCaption"
Manually Modifying Registry Keys
- Open system registry (type
regeditinto the searchbar on the Windows Start menu)
- Create a new registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\(the complete path of the new key is:
- Create and specify any of the supported values inside the
- Note: You may need Administrator permissions to be able to modify system registry. If the IDE is open when you set or change registry values, you must restart the IDE for the values to take effect.
Reverting to Default Settings
To revert to the default settings, delete the
Theme key from the registry. You can do it in either of the following ways:
- Delete the registry key using a registry script file with the following text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\Theme]
- Delete the registry key
- Open system registry (type regedit into the searchbar on the Windows Start menu)
- Find the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\Themeand delete it.
|FontName||String||Specify the font name. The name is case sensitive and must not include the "subtype" such as Regular, Bold, Italic . For example, the name of the installed font is |
|FontSize||DWORD||Specify the size of the font for the IDE. We recommend that you set it between 7 an 17 (values smaller or bigger can result in some IDE elements becoming unreadable). The default is |
|MainToolBarColor||String||The color of the main toolbar of the IDE. You can specify it in the following ways:
The default is