Implementing Drag and Dock in Controls
Go Up to Working with Controls Index
Descendants of TWinControl can act as docking sites and descendants of TControl can act as child windows that are docked into docking sites. For example, to provide a docking site at the left edge of a form window, align a panel to the left edge of the form and make the panel a docking site. When dockable controls are dragged to the panel and released, they become child controls of the panel.
- Making a Windowed Control a Docking Site
- Making a Control a Dockable Child
- Controlling How Child Controls Are Docked
- Controlling How Child Controls Are Undocked
- Controlling How Child Controls Respond to Drag-and-dock Operations