Using the Offline Installer
Go Up to Installation
This topic describes how to install RAD Studio using the Offline Installer.
Configuring Your Temporary Storage Folder
The Offline Installer stores your cache files into your temporary storage folder, which is the folder specified in your
TEMP environment variable.
If the drive that contains your temporary storage folder is low on disk space, the installer might halt with an error message notfying the shortage. If this occurs, assign your
TEMP variable to a folder on a drive with more disk space, then re-run the installation.
Installing RAD Studio
To install RAD Studio using the Offline Installer:
- Open the Offline Installer:
- Download the ISO image that contains the Offline Installer.
Mount the ISO image in the system where you want to install RAD Studio.
You can do either of the following to mount the image:
- Burn the ISO image on a double-layer high-capacity DVD, and put that DVD on the optical disk drive of the target system.
- Mount the ISO image as a virtual disk with a software solution like WinCDEmu.
install_RADStudio.exein the mounted ISO image to start the Offline Installer.
- Obtain a registration file:
- On the Input License page, select "I already have a product serial number" and click Next.
- On the Embarcadero Product Registration dialog box, make a note of the number displayed under Registration Code.
- On a machine that has a working internet connection, go to the Embarcadero Product Registration site and follow the instructions there to obtain a registration file.
- Move the registration file to the system where you are installing RAD Studio.
- On the Embarcadero Product Registration dialog box, select Cancel to return to the Input License page.
- Register your copy of RAD Studio:
- On the Input License page, select "I have a valid license file (*.slip or reg*.txt) to import" and click Next.
- On the Embarcadero Product Registration tool that opens, select Import.
- Locate and select your registration file, and select Open.
- When your registration file is imported, select OK to close the Embarcadero Product Registration tool.
- Follow the remaining steps of the installation wizard to complete your offline installation of RAD Studio.