This sample shows you how to administer InterBase using InterBase components. It requires InterBase to be installed on the machine or to connect to a remote server. Make sure that the server is running before you run the example.
You can find the AdminTool project at:
- Start | Programs | Embarcadero RAD Studio Sydney | Samples and then navigate to either:
- Object Pascal\DataBase\IBX\Admin
- Subversion Repository:
- You can find Delphi and C++ code samples in GitHub Repositories. Search by name into the samples repositories according to your RAD Studio version.
This sample consists of a TPageControl used to create multiple TTabSheets to organize different actions over an InterBase Server and database.
There are several tabs:
- Users: it shows user accounts from the InterBase server. You can also add new users, edit users, and delete users.
- Backup: it backs up a database selecting the input and output file. It allows you to configure many options for the backup.
- Restore: it allows you to restore a database from a backup. You can configure many restore options.
- Validate: it checks the integrity of a database file.
- Certificates: it allows you to manage the certificates of your InterBase server. You can add and remove certificates from here.
- Statistics: it shows the statistics of the selected database. You can show the data in different ways.
- Properties: it allows you to change some properties of the database.
- Log: It shows the server's log.
- Aliases: It allows you to manage the database aliases.
How to Use the Sample
- Navigate to the location given above and open:
- Delphi: AdminTool.dproj
- C++: AdminTool.cbproj
- Press F9 or choose Run > Run.
- Click Login in the menu bar to connect to the server.
- Note: You can use the user = sysdba and password = masterkey.
This sample uses many InterBase components to give the functionality to the different tabs:
- Users: It uses the TIBSecurityService to manage user accounts: add, edit, and delete users.
- Backup: It uses the TIBBackupService to allow you to back up your database. It uses the Backup options defined in the TStringGrid to configure the backup.
- Restore: It uses the TIBRestoreService to restore a selected database. It uses a TOpenDialog to select the path or alias of the database. You can select the options from the TStringGrid.
- Validate: It uses TIBValidationService to validate the integrity of the database with the parameters from the TStringGrid.
- Certificates: It uses TIBLicensingService to configure the licensing parameters. You can add and remove Certificates.
- Statistics: It uses TIBStatisticalService to show database statistics.
- Properties: It uses TIBDatabase and TIBConfigService to show information of the selected database.
- Log: It uses TIBLogService to return the contents of the interbase.log file from the server.
- Aliases: It uses TIBServerProperties to return information about the database server. In this case it returns the aliases.