Overview of Scheduling
Go Up to Administrator Guide
Embarcadero Connect lets any user with permissions enough to schedule an action sequence for execution, that is, to have Embarcadero Connect execute an action sequence following a schedule.
Action sequences are sets of actions that you can execute, such as synchronizing Embarcadero Connect with ER/Studio Repository. Action sequences may take input and generate output, and reports are based on them; that is, Embarcadero Connect reports are action sequences that take some input (the report settings) and generate a report as output.
Embarcadero Connect comes with several action sequences. To see a list of all the action sequences that you can schedule for execution, select My Settings > Admin > Subscriptions and click Set Content. You can also use the Web Adhoc Query and Reporting wizard to create action sequences that can generate custom reports from input parameters, or create your own action sequences from scratch.
To schedule an action sequence for execution, as a super user you must enable the combination of the target action sequence and a schedule for subscription:
- Create a schedule that defines when to execute the target action sequence.
- Enable the target action sequence for scheduling.
- Enable the target action sequence and the created schedule for subscription.
- Note: For subscription purposes, you can associate several action sequences with the same schedule, and associate an action sequence with several schedules.
Once you enable the combination of the action sequence and the schedule for subscription, users with enough permissions such as yourself can subscribe to that combination. Subscribing to a combination of an action sequence and a schedule enables that combination in the Embarcadero Connect scheduler. That is, as long as there is at least one user subscribed to a combination of an action sequence and a schedule, Embarcadero Connect executes that action sequence following the defined schedule.
- Creating a Schedule
- Enabling Action Sequences for Scheduling
- Enabling an Action Sequence and Schedule for Subscription
- Subscribing to an Action Sequence
- Editing a Schedule
- Writing a CRON Expression