Drop Automatic Storage Path(s)
Go Up to Available object actions by DBMS
This action lets you remove tablespace storage paths on a datasource and subsequently rebalance any affected tablespaces. It builds and submits:
- An ALTER DATABASE DROP STORAGE ON... statement specifying the storage paths to be removed
- Optionally, one ALTER TABLESPACE... REBALANCE statement for each tablesapce impacted by the ALTER DATABASE DROP STORAGE ON... statement
- DB2 LUW 9.7^
Prerequisites or Setup Tasks
This object action is only available for datasources configured for autostorage and that have at least two autostorage paths configured.
To drop storage paths on a datasource
- Initiate a Drop Automatic Storage Path(s) action against a datasource. For more information see Initiating an object operation.
- Use the following table as a guide to understanding and modifying settings in this wizard:
|Step||Settings and tasks|
Path: Select the check box associated with each storage path that is to be dropped. This object action will not allow you to select all storage paths on a datasource. At least one path must be left active. Rebalance the affected tablespaces: Selecting this check box generates an ALTER TABLESPACE... REBALANCE statement for each tablesapce affected by the storage paths you selected to drop.
Displays the DDL that will execute the object action. For more information, see Preview.
- 3. Click Execute. For information on the scheduling option, see Scheduling.
For related information, see Rebalance.