Go Up to Using Performance Analyst
Performance Analyst lets you run Explain SQL Plans from the Top SQL window. If you are seeing problem metrics, you can take steps to correct the SQL statements.
Opening the Explain SQL/Explain Plan
- Click the SQL button on the Performance Analyst toolbar to open the Top SQL details page.
- Click the SQL Details tab.
- You can also right-click anywhere and select Navigate to...>Top SQL>SQL Details from the drop-down menus.
- Move down the list of SQL text in the grid and the SQL text appears in the Selected SQL Text window.
- Press the Explain SQL button to open the Explain Plan.