Requirements and Constraints
Go Up to iOS Application
InterBase ToGo and IBLite have the following requirements and constraints:
- The iOS devices must use iOS 7 or above. Devices running earlier versions of the OS are not supported.
- The file size for IBLite is limited to 100MB.
- IBLite will not allow any database and column encryption (weak or strong).
- InterBase UDF and Filter functionality are not supported due to limitations imposed by Apple for explicit loading of dynamic libraries by applications.
- Where ToGo or IBLite is used as a client to connect to a remote InterBase server, you can use UDF and Filter libraries on the remote InterBase server.
- InterBase applications on iOS can work in a pure "Client" mode connecting to remote InterBase servers on the network. For this to work, InterBase server versions need to be 2009 (9.x) or higher.
- InterBase applications on iOS can only connect with embedded database files with ODS version >= 13. If the database file is copied from a non-iOS InterBase platform, this implies that only databases created (or restored) with InterBase 2009 versions or greater are supported.
- ibconfig has the following limitations:
- The parameter DATABASE_CACHE_PAGES defaults to 75 pages.
- The parameter SORTMEM_BUFFER_SIZE defaults to 128KB.