About InterBase backup and restore options
Go Up to Database Backup and Restore
You can use InterBase to backup data to the following locations:
- To a second drive on the InterBase server.
- To another machine on the local network.
- To a machine at a remote location using a VPN or WAN.
InterBase backups can run concurrently while other users are using the database. You do not have to shut down the database to run a backup. However, any data changes that clients commit to the database after the backup begins are not recorded in the backup file.
- InterBase backup and restore tools
- The difference between logical and physical backups
- Database ownership