Building a Multithreaded Application
The video Multi-Threading in Delphi, by Marco Cantu provides an overview of multithreading.
These are the essential steps to building a VCL Forms multithreaded application with a thread object using RAD Studio.
Metaprocedure: To create a multithreaded application
- Create a VCL form with a defined thread object.
- Optionally initialize the thread.
- Write the thread function.
- Optionally write the cleanup code.
- Defining the Thread Object
- Initializing a Thread
- Writing the Thread Function (Procedure)
- Writing Cleanup Code