Class Hierarchy in an ActiveX Control (DAX)
The following figure illustrates the basic classes that exist in an ActiveX control in DAX (the Delphi ActiveX framework).
Most of the interfaces implemented by TVclComControl are implemented in TActiveXControl.
- With ATL, the ActiveX control inherits the implementation from a host of helpers.
- With DAX, the core interfaces are implemented by the core class, TActiveXControl.
Image courtesy of the C++ Class Explorer
Key to Colors:
- Interfaces are shown in yellow.
- Interface implementation helper classes are light blue.
- The class itself - TVclControlImpl - is salmon-colored.