Creating and Modifying Build Configurations
Use the following procedures to create and modify build configurations.
To create a build configuration using the Project Manager
- In the Projects Window, locate and open the Build Configurations node. The node itself represents the settings of the Base build configuration. This node also lists all the build configurations that exist for the current project (such as Base, Debug, and Release), as well as the option sets that have been applied by reference to any of the build configurations.
- Each new build configuration must be based on an existing build configuration. Right-click the name of the parent configuration (such as Debug or Release) and select New Configuration. If you right-click the Build Configurations node itself, the configuration you create is based on the Base configuration.
- The New Build Configuration input box appears. Enter a name for the new configuration and click OK.
- The new configuration appears in the Project Manager, nested beneath the node of its parent configuration.
To create a build configuration using the Configuration Manager
- Open the Configuration Manager ( View > Configuration Manager).
- Select the name of the project.
- Click the button (Add a new build configuration).
- In the New Build Configuration dialog box, select the projects that you want to have the new build configuration.
- Select the parent for the new configuration in the Select Parent Configuration list.
- Click Add.
- In the New Build Configuration input box, enter a name for the build configuration and click OK.
- In the New Build Configuration dialog box, click Close.
- The new build configuration appears in the Project Manager, nested beneath the node of its parent configuration.
To modify an existing build configuration
- In the Project Manager, locate and open the Build Configurations node.
- Right-click the configuration you want to modify and select Edit from the context menu.
- The Project Options dialog box is displayed with only its build-related pages available.
- Adjust the project options on each of the build-related pages as appropriate for your needs.
- Click OK to save.