Recording a Keystroke Macro
Go Up to How To Edit Code in the Code Editor
You can record a series of keystrokes as a macro while editing code. After you record a macro, you can play the macro to repeat the keystrokes during the current IDE session. You can have only one macro at a time, so when you record another macro, it replaces the existing macro.
To record a macro
- In the Code Editor, click the record macro button at the bottom of the code window (or press
Ctrl+Shift+R) to begin recording.
- Type the keystrokes that you want to record.
- When you have finished typing the keystroke sequence, click the stop recording button (or press
- To record another macro, repeat the previous steps.
The macro is now available to use during the current IDE session.
To run a macro
- In the Code Editor, position the cursor in the code where you want to run the macro.
- Do either of the following: