System Registry Keys for IDE Visual Settings
Go Up to IDE Reference and Utilities
You can customize some of the visual settings of the IDE by adding or modifying system registry keys.
Customizing the IDE Appearance
There are two ways to modify the system registry:
- Create a registry script file and execute it.
- Manually modify the system registry using
Creating a Registry Script File
- Create a new text document (you can use any text editor) and copy the following text into it:
- Save the document with the
- Execute the registry script file that you created. A warning about changing the registry may appear. You must accept it in order to apply the changes.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Theme] "FontName"="Segoe UI" "FontSize"=dword:0000000a
Manually Modifying Registry Keys
- Open system registry (type
regeditinto the searchbar on the Windows Start menu)
- Create a new registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\(the complete path of the new key is:
- Create and specify any of the supported values inside the
|Enabled||DWORD||"1" or "0". |
If "0" then the IDE will not be themed.
|FontName||String||Specify the font name for the IDE font. The name is case sensitive and must not include the "subtype" such as Regular, Bold, Italic. For example, the name of the installed font is |
|FontSize||DWORD||Specify the size of the font for the IDE. We recommend that you set it between 7 and 18 (values smaller or bigger can result in some IDE elements becoming unreadable). The default is |
- To disable IDE theming: in the Theme folder in the registry, find "Enabled" and set it to 0. (To re-enable, set to 1.)
- To change the theme to any installed VCL style:
- In the Theme folder in the registry, find the Theme string and change it to "Custom".
- Create or edit the "VCLStyle" (note no spaces) string, and give it the name of an installed theme, eg "Carbon" or "Luna".
Reverting to Default Settings
To revert to the default settings, delete the
Theme key from the registry. You can do it in either of the following ways:
- Delete the registry key using a registry script file with the following text:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Theme]
- Delete the registry key
- Open system registry (type regedit into the searchbar on the Windows Start menu)
- Find the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\22.0\Themeand delete it.