Troubleshooting Custom Components (C++)
A common problem when registering and installing custom components is that the component does not appear in the list of components after the package is successfully installed.
The most common causes for components not appearing in the list or on the palette:
- Missing PACKAGE modifier on the Register function
- Missing PACKAGE modifier on the class
- Missing #pragma package(smart_init) in the C++ source file
- Register function is not found in a namespace with the same name as the source code module name.
- Register is not being successfully exported. Use tdump on the .BPL to look for the exported function:
tdump -ebpl mypack.bpl mypack.dmp
In the exports section of the dump, you should see the Register function (within the namespace) being exported.