Go Up to Editing Diagrams
Drag-and-drop applies to the members as well as to the node elements. You can move or copy members (methods, fields, properties, and so on) by using drag-and-drop in the Diagram View or in the Model View.
Drag-and-drop functionality from the Model View to the Diagram View and within the Model View works as follows:
- Selecting an element in the Model View and using drag-and-drop to place the element onto the diagram creates a shortcut.
- Using drag-and-drop while pressing the SHIFT key moves the element to the selected container.
- Using drag-and-drop while pressing the CTRL key copies the element to the selected container.
Tip: You can also change the origin and destination for links on your diagrams using drag-and-drop.
- Select a link in the Diagram View.
- Hover the cursor over the destination arrow.
- Drag the arrow and drop it on the new destination. If the destination element is not in view, drag the link in the appropriate direction, and the diagram will scroll with you.
Tip: Follow the same instructions to move the link source to an allowable location.