Using Unicode in the Command Console
You can enable the display of Unicode characters in the console window. This is important if your directory or file names contain Unicode characters. You need to select a font that can display Unicode characters, such as Lucida Console, and set the code page to the Microsoft code page for UTF-8 (65001), as described here:
To enable Unicode on the command console
- Open the command console window by doing one of the following:
- Click Start > Programs > Embarcadero RAD Studio Alexandria > RAD Studio Command Prompt.
- On Windows 7, click Start, select Run, enter cmd in the Open field on the Run dialog box, and press Return.
- Right-click the top frame of the console window and select Properties.
- On the Properties window, click the Font tab and then click Lucida Console.
- In the console window, set the code page to 65001 as follows:
C:\>chcp 65001 Active code page:65001 C:\>