Creating Custom Gestures
Go Up to How To Create an Application that Uses Gesturing Components
You can design your own custom gestures in RAD Studio.
- Enable gesturing by following the steps described in Using Gesturing in Your Applications.
- Open the Custom Gestures dialog box by doing either of the following:
- In the Form Designer, double-click the Gesture Manager assigned to the component that will use the custom gesture.
- In the Object Inspector, open the property editor (the Select Gestures dialog box) by clicking the ellipsis on the Gestures node. Then click Manage custom gestures.
- In the Custom Gestures dialog box, click Create. The Custom Gesture Designer opens.
- In the Custom Gesture Designer, draw a proposed gesture. The designer analyzes the gesture and displays the coordinates (X/Y) for the points on the gesture. If the gesture is confusingly similar to any existing gesture, a warning is displayed.
Note: Use the Custom Gesture Designer to:
- Edit a custom gesture
- Record a custom gesture
- Test a custom gesture
- Add/delete points on the line of the custom gesture
For more details, see Custom Gesture Designer.