Installing the Platform Assistant on Linux
You need to install the Platform Assistant on Linux to build and deploy Linux applications. PAServer enables you to use the Deployment Manager, import the Linux SDK, and perform remote debugging on a Linux system.
The installer for the Linux Platform is
LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gz, and it is located in the
PAServer folder inside the RAD Studio installation directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\PAServer\LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gz
Alternatively, you can download the
PAServer installer from the internet:
- RAD Studio Sydney (10.4):
- RAD Studio Sydney (10.4.1):
- RAD Studio Sydney (10.4.2):
To install the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Copy the
LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gzfile from the location above to a local directory on your Linux machine.
- Open the Terminal.
- In the Terminal, go to the local directory where the
LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gzfile is located.
- Unpack the
LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gzfile with the following command:
tar –xvf LinuxPAServer21.0.tar.gz.
- The PAServer-21.0 subdirectory is created. Here you can find all Platform Assistant binaries for the Linux platform.
The Platform Assistant is installed and you can run the Platform Assistant.
To uninstall the Platform Assistant on Linux
To uninstall the Platform Assistant, delete the PAServer-21.0 directory where you unpacked the
- Running the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Running the Platform Assistant on Windows
- Setting Options for the Platform Assistant