Running the Platform Assistant on Linux
To run the Platform Assistant on Linux:
- Open the Terminal.
- Navigate to the Installed location of PAServer-21.0.
- Run the
paserverexecutable using the
- You can see the following:
- Platform Assistant banner
- Password request:
Connection Profile password <press Enter for no password>
- Select one of the following options:
- To require a password for connecting to the Platform Assistant, enter the custom password and press Enter.
- If you do not want to require a password when you connect to the Platform Assistant, press Enter.
Then, you can see the following two lines in the
Starting Platform Assistant Server on port 64211 Type ? for available commands >
> command prompt indicates that the Platform Assistant is in "listening" mode on the specified port (
64211 by default).
- To see the list of available commands with descriptions, run the
hcommand in the Terminal (type "h" and press Enter)
- To quit the Platform Assistant, run the
For more instructions on
PAServer, see Setting Options for the Platform Assistant
- Installing the Platform Assistant on Linux
- Installing the Platform Assistant on Windows
- Setting Options for the Platform Assistant