Subscribing to an Action Sequence
Go Up to Overview of Scheduling
To make Team Server execute an action sequence following a schedule, you must enable the combination of both for scheduling and subscribe to that combination. Team Server only executes an action following a schedule if there is at least a user subscribed to that combination of an action sequence and a schedule.
To subscribe to an action sequence on a schedule:
- Enter in your web browser the following URL:
- domain is the domain name, host name or IP address of the machine running your Team Server web server. You only need to specify the port number if you changed the default port number (80) during the installation.
- The values of solution, path and action depend on the action sequence you want to subscribe. For example:
- To subscribe to etl\actions\Synchronize.xaction , solution is "etl", path is "actions", and action is "Synchronize.xaction". For example http://localhost/ViewAction?&solution=etl&path=actions&action=Synchronize.xaction&subscribepage=yes
- To subscribe to admin\clean_repository.xaction , solution is "admin", action is "clean_repository.xaction", and there is no path. If there is no path, you must specify it in the URL without a value: http://localhost/ViewAction?solution=admin&path=&action=clean_repository.xaction&subscribepage=yes
- On the page that opens:
- Click Show Scheduling Options.
- Write a report name in the Report Name text field. This is the name that Team Server shows in your My Reports page.
- Select the target schedule from the Schedule For combo box.
- Click Save to subscribe.
You can now access the output of any future execution of the target action sequence from your My Reports page. There you can also run the target action sequence instantly.