Go Up to Available object actions by DBMS
The Attach Database object action lets you specify a set of previously detached data and transaction files to be used to attach a database to a Microsoft SQL Server instance. This makes the database available in exactly the same state it was in when it was detached
To Attach a Database
- Initiate an Attach Database action against a database. For more information see Initiating an object operation.
- The Attach Database File(s) dialog opens.
- In the Database Name to be Attached box, type the database name.
- In the grid, do one of the following:
- Select the target database file(s).
- To add database file(s), click Add and then enter the name of the MDF (master data file) of the database to attach.
- The appropriate *.ldf file is automatically added.
- To drop database file(s), click Drop and then select the target file(s).
- Click Execute. For information on the scheduling option, see Scheduling.