Go Up to Main Page
InterBase provides an intuitive graphical user interface called IBConsole. With IBConsole you can perform all the necessary tasks to configure and maintain an InterBase server, to create and administer databases on the server, and to execute interactive SQL (isql). IBConsole only runs on Windows, but can manage databases on any server on the local network. For more information about the IBConsole environment, see the IBConsole reference topics.
Some of the tasks that the IBConsole enables you to perform:
- Manage server security: Authorize new users, change user passwords and remove users.
- Manage server licenses (certificates).
- Manage databases: Create new databases and set database properties.
- Back up and restore a database.
- Monitor database performance.
- View server statistics.
- Perform database maintenance, such as:
- Validate the integrity of a database.
- Repair a corrupted database.
- Sweep a database.
- Recover "limbo" transactions.
- Manage local and remote servers.
- Shut down and restart a database.
- Execute SQL.
- View database metadata in DDL script format.
The following topics serve as reference documentation for the IBConsole environment. They provide a description of the IBConsole components. Refer to the Operations Guide for details on the use of these components.
- IBConsole Interface
- IBConsole Menus and Dialogs Index
- IBConsole Windows and Tools
- IBConsole - Glossary
- IBConsole - Performance Guidelines