InterBase ToGo Trial Licenses
Go Up to ToGo Quick Start
InterBase ToGo Trial licenses enable InterBase ToGo on all supported OS platforms. The license is valid for 30 days from registration date. These licenses are only for testing and not for actual deployment to production. You must purchase deployment licenses to deploy InterBase ToGo in production.
In the documentation below, any mention of RAD Studio implies usage with other IDE products from Embarcadero including Appmethod, Delphi, and C++Builder.
How Would I Use an InterBase ToGo Trial License?
For this install, assume that you use Windows 32-bit for your application development. When you install RAD Studio (other than the Starter Edition), use the included InterBase ToGo license on this development machine.
As you progress in your application development and are ready to test your application on Windows 64-bit, Mac OS X, iOS, Android, and other Windows 32-bit machines, you can use the InterBase ToGo Trial licenses to enable InterBase on these machines and test your InterBase application deployments.
How Do I Get InterBase ToGo Trial Licenses?
If you received your RAD Studio serial numbers via email, you will find the InterBase ToGo Trial Deployment serial number included in the same email. If you downloaded the InterBase ToGo Trial software independently, you will receive an email with the ToGo Trial serial number.
Once you have installed the software, please register your ToGo Trial Deployment serial number with the following instructions:
- Go to https://reg.embarcadero.com/srs6/activation.do and enter your InterBase ToGo Trial Deployment Serial Number.
- Enter the Registration Code: 737479.
- Once you have confirmed that the serial number and registration code match, select the option to download the activation file. This generates an activation file which can be downloaded or emailed to be included with your distribution.
- RAD Studio users should copy the downloaded file to the %PUBLIC%\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7 folder. Then follow the steps in the Deployment Wizard.
- NOTE: %PUBLIC% is not a known path on XP, but XP is not supported in RAD Studio. However, %PUBLIC% is a known path on all operating systems supported by RAD Studio. RAD Studio creates \InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7 below %PUBLIC%, so the rest of the path will be known after the RAD Studio install is complete.
- You may need to replace the reg*.txt with your specific filename in case the copy does not work.
- 3. Save the activation file to a location of your choice. Depending on your platform, choose one of the following files:
- For an InterBase ToGo Trial license choose reg_ibtogo.txt and include this in your deployment. If you had an earlier production license file named reg_ibtogo.txt, then you may want to save the file with a different name.
- Otherwise, the activation file format is: regXXXX_XXXXXXXX.txt.
- Please make a note of the activation file name.
Now you are ready to use the Deployment project wizard in RAD Studio, with InterBase ToGo.