Connecting to the Application Server using DataSnap Components
Go Up to How To Perform Database Procedures
A client application uses one or more connection components in the DataSnap category of the Tool Palette to establish and maintain a connection to an application server.
To connect to the application server using DataSnap components
- Identify the protocol for communicating with the application server.
- Locate the server machine.
- Identify the application server on the server machine.
- If you are not using SOAP, identify the server using the ServerName or ServerGUID property.
- Manage server connections.