Go Up to How To Perform Database Procedures
If you have multiple COM-based servers that your client application can choose from, you can use an Object Broker to locate an available server system.
To use TSimpleObjectBroker
- Choose File > New > Other. The New Items dialog appears.
- In the New Items dialog, select Delphi Projects and double-click VCL Forms Application.The Windows Designer displays.
- From the DataSnap category of the Tool Palette, choose the connection component depending on the kind of connection you want.
- From the Tool Palette, drag a TSimpleObjectBroker to the form.
- In the Object Inspector, set the ObjectBroker property of the connection component that you chose in Step 3 to use this broker.
Warning: Do not use the ObjectBroker property with SOAP connections.