Requirements and Constraints - Android
Go Up to Android Application
- InterBase targets Android 4.x and above. Android devices running earlier versions of the OS will not be supported.
- InterBase on Android will NOT support InterBase UDF and Filters to be in line with the feature set on all supported Mobile platforms (iOS and Android).
- InterBase applications on Android can work in a pure "Client" mode connecting to remote InterBase servers on the network. For this, InterBase server versions need to be 2009 (9.x) or higher.
- InterBase applications on Android can only connect with embedded database files with ODS version >= 13. If the database file is copied from a non-Android InterBase platform, this implies that only databases created (or restored) with InterBase 2009 versions or greater are supported.
- ibconfig limitations: Android devices are equipped with limited RAM as compared to other Desktop/Server machines, and thus drive some changes to keep InterBase footprint smaller. This is similar to our support on Apple iOS.
- parameter DATABASE_CACHE_PAGES defaults to 75 pages
- parameter SORTMEM_BUFFER_SIZE defaults to 128KB