What's New in InterBase 2020
(Redirected from What's New)
Go Up to Main Page
InterBase 2020 includes new features and bug fixes.
See the following sections for more information:
InterBase multifile database may be interpreted as occupying a single primary tablespace. This tablespace presents a single logical collection of database pages numbered by their sequence in this collection. Starting with InterBase 2020 users can define other named tablespaces that present independent logical collections of pages. For more information refer to Tablespace
ALTER DESCRIPTION Support
InterBase users prior to InterBase 2020 would execute a
UPDATE <system_table> SET RDB$DESCRIPTION=<blob_text> WHERE <entity_name>=<user_entity>, for each entity type. This requires the user to know the database system schema in detail for each entity type. The new DDL syntax takes away this complexity, and provides a new
ALTER DESCRIPTION FOR syntax that is standard across all database entities supported by InterBase. For more information refer to ALTER DESCRIPTION
InterBase 2020 introduces
TMP$INDICES a new system table included as part of the Performance Monitoring system tables. This table tracks all loaded indices per table in the database with key metrics for monitoring. For more information refer to TMP$INDICES
InterBase 2020 introduces the following enhancements to the IBConsole tool:
A new Indices tab that shows a table with details about indices.
Interactive SQL Window
- Closing the Interactive SQL Window on a read only transaction no longer prompts a commit or rollback dialog, transaction is commited and the window closes.
- Enhanced support for the
RECONNECTclause, it now supports
- A new Show tab, this tab shows information from isql
- InterBase 2020 features support (Tablespaces, Alter Description DDL)
- Change Views subscription context and coloring of change status
- Syntax highlighting of queries
- 64-bit IBConsole.exe binary with 64-bit Edition of InterBase
- Server-wide Performance Monitoring enhancements
NOT Operator Optimizations
InterBase 2020 introduces optimizations for the
NOT operator, for more information refer to NOT Operator Optimizations
InterBase ToGo/IBLite Support
- Added , macOS 64-bit support for InterBase ToGo/IBLite Edition.
- Added Android 64-bit support for InterBase ToGo/IBLite Edition.
See Resolved Defects for a list of bug fixes in InterBase 2020.
For system requirements to install and run InterBase, see System Requirements/Prerequisites.