Adding a macOS or iOS SDK
A software development kit (SDK) provides a set of files to build applications for a target platform, and defines the actual location of those files on the target platform or an intermediate platform that supports the target platform.
The macOS platform provides SDKs for the following target platforms that RAD Studio supports:
- macOS 64-bit (Intel)
- macOS 64-bit (ARM)
- 64-bit iOS Device
When you develop either Delphi or C++ applications for one or more of these target platforms, you must use the SDK Manager to add to RAD Studio an SDK for each target platform.
To add a new macOS or iOS SDK to your development system from a Mac:
- Select Tools > Options > Environment Options > SDK Manager.
- Click the Add button.
- On the Add a New SDK dialog box, select a platform from the Select a platform drop-down list.
- The items in the Select a profile to connect drop-down list are filtered by the selected platform.
- Select a connection profile from the Select a profile to connect drop-down list, or select Add New to open the Create a Connection Profile wizard and create a new connection profile for the selected platform.
- The Select an SDK version drop-down list displays the SDK versions available on the target machine that is specified in the chosen connection profile.
- Select an SDK from the Select an SDK version drop-down list. For details and troubleshooting, see SDK Manager.
- Check Mark the selected SDK active if you want the new SDK to be the default SDK for the target platform.
- Click OK to save the new SDK.
The files from the remote machine are pulled into the development system, so you can keep a local file cache of the selected SDK version. The local file cache can be used to build your applications for the SDK target platform.
After you create an SDK, you may change the local directory of your development system where RAD Studio stores its files.
If you do not create an SDK in advance, you can add one the first time you deploy an application to the remote machine. The Add a New SDK window appears where you can select an SDK version.