FireMonkey Platform Prerequisites
Go Up to FireMonkey Applications Guide
- Review the Supported Platforms and versions that FireMonkey runs on.
- The RAD Studio IDE is a 32-bit Windows application, so the IDE requires the Windows development environment (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
- The Platform Assistant is required for multi-device development for either macOS or iOS (device or simulator).
Hardware and OS Requirements for Target and Development Systems
All FireMonkey applications require a graphics processing unit (GPU) on both the target platform and the development system. The GPU can be accessible either directly or through virtualization.
See in detail the requirements for all the Supported Target Platforms
You need to connect a physical Android device via USB to your development system in order to run an app on an Android device.
RAD Studio supports the development of applications for Android devices running on an ARMv7 processor with NEON support.
For a list of specific Android versions we support, see Android Devices Supported for Application Development.
During product installation, RAD Studio installs the Android SDK Tools Revision 25.2.5 and the Android NDK. It includes:
- The Android OS Version 9.0 (API Level 26)
- The Android NDK (android-ndk-17b)