Generating DataSnap Server Method Proxies
Go Up to DataSnap Server Application
Proxy DataSnap classes are needed in client applications to invoke server methods. In order to generate server methods, drop a TDSRestConnection in a form and connect to a running DataSnap server in design mode. Right-click the TDSRestConnection component and select Generate DataSnap Client Classes. The proxy unit is added to the current project and each exposed method can be used to invoke the corresponding server method. When generating a Delphi proxy for the server, that proxy should have on it the useful DSAdmin methods. These DSAdmin methods are any functions or procedures publicly declared and exposed to the user, as well as any visible methods in the classes that DSAdmin extends.
If the server method signature changes or methods are added or removed, the same option will refresh the proxy unit.
- Understanding Multi-tiered Database Applications
- Tutorial: Using a DataSnap Server with an Application
- Tutorial: Using a REST DataSnap Server with an Application
- Tutorial: Using an InterBase Database in a Delphi or C++ Application
- DataSnap Server Controls
- Creating a DataSnap Server
- DataSnap Server Wizard
- DataSnap REST Application Wizard
- DataSnap WebBroker Application Wizard