Helpful Resources for New Users
Go Up to Getting Started with RAD Studio
This topic contains some helpful links to get you started learning how to use RAD Studio.
- How to start a programming career with Delphi XE and C++Builder XE Starter Editions by Embarcadero product evangelist David Intersimone
- Tutorial: Using the IDE, an illustrated tour of the IDE, with step-by-step instructions for creating your first RAD Studio application
- Delphi Cookbook by Daniel Teti, for creating VCL and FireMonkey apps
- Delphi XE<n> Starter Essentials eBook by Bob Swart, free with the purchase of the Starter Edition or available for purchase in paperback at Lulu.com
- Dr. Bob Swart's Programming Clinic, books and news for Delphi and C++Builder, training and events
- A Beginner's Guide to Delphi Programming, a free about.com online course by Zarko Gajic; covers Delphi 7 and is relevant for newer versions
- Fundamentals of Database Development with Delphi by Zarko Gajic for about.com; covers the prebuilt database components in Delphi 7 and is relevant for newer versions
- Chris Rolliston's Delphi Foundations, available online and in print
- Delphi Language Guide
- Tutorial: Using dbExpress to View and Update Databases in an Application
- Tutorial: Using a DataSnap Server with an Application
- Tutorial: DataSnap Application Using an ISAPI DLL Server
- Tutorial: Using an InterBase Database in a Delphi or C++ Application
- Tutorial: Using dbExpress Delegate Drivers
The Tutorials section includes several other more general tutorials.
Code Examples and Application Samples
A library of code examples exists in the Help:
- Code examples documentation.
- Downloadable code for the examples is available on .
Application samples (also known as Demos) are installed with the product:
- Sample projects are installed at Start | Programs | Embarcadero RAD Studio Alexandria | Samples.
- From inside the IDE, select Projects > Open Sample Project on the Welcome Page to open the samples directory.
- The Samples are also available on .
- Documentation for the product Samples is at the Sample category on the Examples wiki.
- See the latest video demos of RAD Studio at:
- EDN TV
- Embarcadero YouTube
- Delphi Training Series - Programming 101
- RAD in Action: Modernize and Extend your VCL Applications - Use Cases Part 1
- New for Android in Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE7 with Jim McKeeth
- FireUI Multi-Device Designer (Delphi)
- RAD Studio XE5 - Building your first multi-device app for Android, iOS, Windows and OS X
- Blogs: David I does 32 videos in 31 days, October 2012
- Nick Hodges demonstrated Turbo Delphi 2006. These videos are still relevant to later releases: 30 Demos in 30 Days, by Nick Hodges.
- Nick Hodges' book, Coding in Delphi: https://leanpub.com/codingindelphi
- Nick Hodges has a good blog series: "Delphi Development Pretty Good Practices"
- Marco Cantu's new Object Pascal Handbook - visit http://www.embarcadero.com/radoffer
- Free beginner's book: Essential Pascal, by Marco Cantu
- Website with tutorials: Delphi Basics, by Neil Moffatt
- Volker Hillman wrote a comprehensive Introduction to C++Builder 2010.
- Lean & Mean Borland C++ by Bruneau Babet (Brady Publishing, 1994)
- http://bcbjournal.org/ (C++Builder Developer's Journal)
CodeRage is an annual three-day online seminar that features useful and timely presentations by Embarcadero developers and product evangelists.
Embarcadero offers replays of CodeRage going back to CodeRage 6 (2011):