Installing the Platform Assistant on a Mac
The macOS installer for the Platform Assistant (PAServer) and for the PAServer Manager is named PAServer22.0.pkg.
You can find the PAServer installer in the
PAServer directory inside the RAD Studio installation directory. For example,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\PAServer\PAServer22.0.pkg.
Alternatively, you can download the
PAServer installer from the internet:
- RAD Studio Alexandria (11):
- RAD Studio Alexandria (11.1):
- RAD Studio Alexandria (11.2):
Installer Also Installs PAServer Manager
The Platform Assistant Server installer (the
.pkg file) installs these two apps:
The Platform Assistant server, a Mac app for developing multi-device apps. Connects the RAD Studio IDE with the Mac, necessary for macOS and iOS platforms.
For more information, see Running the Platform Assistant on a Mac.
A GUI app that runs on the Mac and allows you to start and manage multiple instances of PAServer on the Mac.
For more information, see:
Steps to Install the Platform Assistant on a Mac
- On the Mac, download the
.pkgfile to a local directory from one of the locations given above.
- Double-click the
.pkgfile in the Finder. This launches the InstallAnywhere installer for the Platform Assistant Server:
- Select your language (such as English), and click OK.
- On the Select a destination folder page, you can change the installation location or accept the default. By default, the Platform Assistant is installed on the primary disk.
- Continue until the installer completes.
The Platform Assistant is now installed, and you can run the Platform Assistant.
To Uninstall the Platform Assistant on a Mac
To uninstall the Platform Assistant server, delete the outdated PAServer-22.0.app. Use 'Move to Trash' on the Mac.