Refactoring - Safe Delete
Go Up to Refactoring Procedures Index
This topic explains how to use the "Safe delete" operation.
To safely delete an element:
- In the Code Editor or the Modeling's Diagram View or Model View select the element to be deleted.
- On the main menu, choose Refactor > Safe Delete.
Tip: Alternatively, right-click on the element and choose Refactor > Safe Delete on the element's context menu.
- In the Safe Delete dialog box that reports the element to delete and any usages of that element:
- If no usages are found, press Delete.
- If usages are found, click View usages. The Refactorings pane opens allowing you to review the refactoring before committing it. Click the Apply Refactoring button to delete the element.