Setting Up the External Translation Manager
Go Up to External Translation Manager
If you or your translator do not have the RAD Studio IDE, you can use the stand-alone External Translation Manager to localize your applications.
To use the External Translation Manager as a stand-alone application, you need to copy the External Translation Manager files to your computer and register the required
*.bpl files in the External Translation Manager.
To install the External Translation Manager
- Create a directory, such as
C:\ETM, for the External Translation Manager files.
- Copy the following External Translation Manager files from the computer with the installed RAD Studio IDE (the developer's computer) into the created directory.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Binfrom this directory, copy the following required files:
- and copy any of the following optional files that you want:
- From the appropriate platform-specific directory, such as
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\Bin64for 64-bit Windows, copy the following required files:
- and copy any of the following optional files:
etm.exe - the main External Translation Manager executable file designide280.bpl dfm280.bpl itecore280.bpl rc280.bpl vclide280.bpl
dcl31w280.bpl dclact280.bpl dclado280.bpl dclbcbsmp280.bpl dclbde280.bpl dclDataSnapIndy10ServerTransport280.bpl dclDataSnapProviderClient280.bpl dclDataSnapServer280.bpl dcldb280.bpl dcldbx280.bpl dcldbxcds280.bpl dclib280.bpl dclIe280.bpl dclIndyCore280.bpl dclIndyProtocols280.bpl dclmcn280.bpl dclmid280.bpl dclnet280.bpl dclribbon280.bpl dclsmp280.bpl dclstd280.bpl dclTee8280.bpl dcltouch280.bpl dclwbm280.bpl
rtl280.bpl vcl280.bpl vclactnband280.bpl vclimg280.bpl vclx280.bpl xmlrtl280.bpl
- Run the External Translation Manager. From Windows Explorer, double-click
etm.exe. From the command line, enter
- In ETM, choose Tools > Options > Packages.
- Click the Add button to display the Open dialog box.
- Navigate to the
C:\ETMdirectory that contains the External Translation Manager files. Make sure that the Files of type filter is set to
Designtime packages (dcl*.bpl).
- Select all of the design-time packages (dcl*.bpl files) in the directory and click OK.
The design-time packages are registered and you can now begin using the External Translation Manager.
To set up the project to be translated
- Run the Resource DLL Wizard on your project to generate the resource DLL projects for each language in the localization. The files generated for each resource DLL project are saved in a directory named after the language. For example, for a project group saved in C:\MyProjects, the Afrikaan translation root directory is C:\MyProjects\AFK.
- Obtain or prepare a zipped translation kit of the project to be translated and give the kit to the person who will translate your project. The kit should include the following:
- A resource DLL for each language to be translated.
.dprojproject file generated by using File > Save as in the External Translation Manager project.
- The stand-alone translation repository (
- The translator should unzip the translation kit into the chosen directory on the translator's system.