Setting the Framework Affinity for a Data Module
Go Up to Using Data Modules
Data modules are initially framework-neutral. In order to use framework-specific library elements, you need to set the platform affinity by selecting a framework-specific value for the ClassGroup pseudo-property.
To set the framework affinity for a data module:
- Create or open a data module. For more information, see Creating and Editing Standard Data Modules.
- Select the data module in the Form Designer.
- In the Object Inspector, locate the ClassGroup pseudo-property.
- To set the framework affinity for the data module, select one of the framework-specific values for ClassGroup, as follows:
- Vcl.Controls.TControl - sets the VCL framework, including RTL elements that are not framework-specific.
- FMX.Controls.TControl - sets the FMX framework, including RTL elements that are not framework-specific.
- System.Classes.TPersistent - the default setting, indicates framework neutrality and includes only RTL elements that are not framework-specific.